Thursday, June 11, 2009

my top tip

Lion Brand yarn asked for top tips for new crochet/knitters. Here was mine:

Pictures, pictures pictures! Develop the habit of documenting your WIPs and FOs by taking pictures -- make it a step of your project finishing process. I sure wish I had pictures of some of the first stuff I made! At the end of the year, it's powerful to look through your albums and see how many awesome things you've done! Plus, yarn crafters give away so much of what we make, that without documentation, it's easy to forget half of our FOs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Robyn. I found your blog through your comment on Dee's page. It sounds like you have some interesting projects going, I'd love to see pictures of what you're working on.

    I was also not very good...OK, I was awful, at documenting my earlier projects. That is definitely a great tip. It's nice to see what you have accomplished. It took starting a blog for me to really start photographing my WIP.

    ReplyDelete