Thursday, May 28, 2009

ladybug, ladybug

I monitor several craigslist queries with google reader. My $35 table loom was a steller find last year. The other searches are for a spinning wheel, binding machine, and (obviously) yarn.

Last week an offer of $50 to finish an afghan popped up. A woman started this blanket for her granddaughter, which she can't finish because of arthritis in her wrist(s). She already has all the yarn and the pattern. My job will be to crochet and block the piece.

I'm excited! We're meeting at a Starbucks today so that I can get the materials. This will be my first contract crochet work. I'm working on my second project for Mosaic right now, but unlike this ladybug afghan, I'm not paid cash for completing display items.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I hope everything works out with her. Would it be unethical to make a copy of the pattern for yourself since you are doing all the work? I think I would have to in case something happened to the original. Good luck to you on this project and being paid also--WOW!!

    Crocheting My Best With My Worsted
    http://crochetingmyworsted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete